Home – subscribers
Welcome to Mia’s Groovy Fiddle Academy!
My name is Mia Marine.
I’m so glad you’ve found your way here! It will be my great pleasure to try and provide you with fun and useful tools for the next step of your music journey!
Every participant at Fiddle Academy is unique, and you all have slightly different processes. Some are here to learn tunes, some are fiddle teachers who want material for teaching, some are here to improve their technical skills… and so on. You are welcome to use the website to create your own course, by choosing what you feel like doing, or using any of the tools available to reach your goals.
This page contains some tips on how to start and maintain a good process which gives you results, information about what you can find, and shortcuts to the lessons and films, so you don’t have to scroll through long lists of films every time, once you know what you’re looking for. If you get more inspired by just jumping in and scrolling through the material, go ahead! Click one of the pages of tunes or lessons and go for it! For some help with your process, keep reading below.
There are many different ways to make use of this website. Let’s find out what suits you best!
1. Introduction for new subscribers.
2. Tunes rated by difficulty level and method tips for learning by ear.
3. Guide to the website – For learning more about the structure of the website, or finding PDF lists of the tunes and exercises.
4. Prepared lessons you can do if you don’t want to choose your assignments by yourself.
5. Start a practicing process – For help to structure and plan your practicing process.
6. All tunes and tune type introductions – Shortcut links.
7. All exercises and concept lessons – Shortcut links.
8. Tune start index and audio files – See the start notes of each tune and listen to or download audio files.
9. For asking questions or discussing all things fiddle: Go to Fiddlers’ Society.
10. For taking part in the Zoom meetings and group lessons, you’ll need to buy the 6 month or 12 month plan. If you have one of those subscriptions, you’ll find more information under: Zoom meetings.
11. For practicing the things you’ve learned in the concept lessons: Find a list of slow tunes here.
12. For information about payments, subscription plans and more, go to FAQ – Frequently asked questions.