What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the Site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit the public portions of our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the personal data we collect from you may be used for one of the following purposes:
- To process payment transactions for site membership
- To enable repeating subscriptions and the ability for you to pause your membership
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic email (the email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.)
- Intended uses of personal data
- Access to the paid content on this site requires a membership. To create a membership, you are required to provide us with personal data including your email address. If you choose to withhold this data, it may not be possible for you to gain access to paid content on this site.
- To ensure protection of intellectual property of the Company, particularly intellectual property that is accessible by or distributed to members as part of their access to paid content.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order.
We process transactions through a third party service, Joomla, and via Paypal and Stripe. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into the payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit card numbers, etc.) will not be stored on our servers at fiddleacademy.com.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Third Party Access to Your Data/Third Party Links On This Site
The only third parties which access membership data are the systems used to process payments. We do not sell or share your personal data with unaffiliated third parties.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website, or utilize third party products or services to distribute/provide access to Site media to members. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites, or for content you share with such linked websites, or their collection of your personal data. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Forums, Comments Sections, and Chat Areas
We may choose to operate forums, comments sections, or chat areas in the public or membership areas of the Site. Users are solely responsible for the content of messages they post in these areas, or using these services. Users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personal information in these areas, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other people. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their user account and going to the ‘Edit Profile’ page.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Firma Mia Marine processes personal data as a Controller as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Access to Information
You have the right to request access to the information we possess about you. You can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. We will fulfill your request by sending your copy electronically, unless you request a different delivery method. For any subsequent access request, we may charge you an administrative fee.
International Privacy Laws
Information Correction & Deletion
If you believe that the information we have about you is incorrect, you are welcome to contact us so we can update it and keep your data accurate. Any information no longer needed for the purposes specified in the “What do we use your personal information for” section will be deleted. If at any point you wish for Firma Mia Marine to delete information about you, you can contact us.
Legal basis for processing data
We process your data for the specific purpose of providing access to members-only, paid content on this website pursuant to the Terms and Conditions of the Site. You give consent for us to use your personal data to process financial transactions to enable your membership access.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://fiddleacademy.com/privacy-policy
This policy was last modified on July 9, 2020.
You can contact us at email@example.com at any time to:
Request access to information that we have about you
Correct any information that we have about you
Request deletion of any information that we have about you